Monday, October 22, 2012

"Fall" into technology!

It's a new year and I'm at a new school.  I now teach at Mount Pearl Intermediate, a Grades 5-9 school in Mount Pearl, Newfoundland & Labrador.  I am excited to "fall" into technology over the next year, and use it as much as possible in my courses.  The main thing is that technology have a purpose.  Using technology for the sake of using technology is senseless!  Welcome to 21st Century Learning....are we there yet?






Twitter - Twitter is an excellent social media tool that can be used in the classroom.  It can be used to tweet things such as homework and other reminders. However, I feel that the best use for Twitter may be in the classroom, as a way for students to participate.



TweetDeck - A program that organizes tweets according to hastags (#), users, keywords, etc.  It allows for users to view all tweets that fit into the predetermined categories.  Like Twitter, it allows for real-time updates.




TeamBoard - TeamBoard is a new acquisition for schools in ESDNL.  There has been no official training, and there are many bugs and issues being discovered by teachers in the district.  Hopefully everything will be ironed out, allowing teachers and students to successfully use this technology to the best of our ability.  My plan is to learn as much about it as I can by Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment